Type: Individual Project
Unit: Interviewing, Follow-Up & Negotiating Job Offers
Due Date: Tue, 2/14/17
Grading Type: Numeric
Points Possible: 150
Points Earned: 0
Deliverable Length: 5-7 pages (body of paper)
View objectives for this assignment
- Assignment Details
- Learning Materials
- Reading Assignment
This assignment is the Common Assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All
After years of hard work, you are finally graduating from college. You are very excited and eager to start a new career in your field of study. Prior to starting your job search, you need to develop a job search plan. Write a research paper of 5–7 body pages using APA style to outline a job search plan that thoroughly addresses the following items:
- Develop a professional career goals statement that is suitable for use on your resume. Explain the rationale underlying development of this statement, and describe how you expect it will be perceived by prospective employers.
- Prepare an in-depth analysis of how your skills, experiences, and education match the type of jobs for which you will be applying.
- Identify at least 3 jobs for which you will be applying, and discuss what you will need to apply for these jobs. For instance, will the employers require each perspective applicant to fill out a job application prior to the interview, or do they only need to submit a resume and cover letter?
- Research and analyze 3 different companies where you are planning to apply for the types of jobs listed above. Discuss your findings, and assess how your skills, experience, and education would allow you to contribute to the attainment of each company’s mission.
- Research and discuss best practices for resume and cover letter writing, and explain how you will incorporate these into your job search strategy.
- Integrate research leveraging at least 4 different scholarly sources (e.g., research journals) from the AIU Online Library.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.
Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear.
Scholarly research which supports writer’s position is properly acknowledged and cited direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract, or table of contents if used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences.
Critical thinking: Position is well justified; logical flow; examples
Structure: Includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format and reads as a polished, academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable
Mechanical: No spelling, grammatical or punctuation errors
APA: Deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual (6th ed.)
This assignment will be assessed using additional criteria provided here.
There is no additional information to display at this time.