Step 6: Organizational Size and Structure
Like strategy types and competitive advantage, organizational size and structure also have implications for accomplishing mission, vision, goals, and objectives (MVGOs).
- Review your organization’s size and how much this has changed over the last five years.
- Include an analysis of how your organization’s size impacts its ability to accomplish its strategic objectives.
- This refers to who reports to whom and is most easily discovered by studying an organizational chart. If your organization does not have a chart or if it doesn’t reflect reality, read this for help constructing an organizational chart.
- Having a chart for your organization will be helpful in determining which of the numerous structural types best apply.
- Finally, include an analysis of whether the current structure aligns with and impacts the organization’s MVGOs and, if not, the likely consequences.
When you have completed Steps 4, 5, and 6, submit your analysis for review and feedback.