MINERALS and WATER
TASK: Select a mineral/water and address the question below
Select a mineral or water and describe “yourself” in first person as if you are a mineral or water. DO NOT give away your identity because your classmates will be guessing your identity. Have some fun with this one!
Think about the following questions as you write your post:
- What are the characteristics of someone having you as an abundance or deficiency?
- How would your recommended daily allowance affect special populations (pregnant women, children, men, women, etc.)?
- What are some of the ways you might adjust the amount of this mineral/water in a person’s diet?
- What are some of the more serious long term and detrimental effects (deficiency disorders, etc.) that might affect the body?
- What other prevention, treatment, and safety measures might be beneficial to your patient?
Once you have made your initial post, the second portion of this weekly discussion requires that you respond to three different classmates.
A main purpose of this discussion is to make sure you become familiar with several different minerals. To this end, please post your responses and comments to different minerals. For further clarity, review the rubric for this discussion.
As you read through the discussion posts, you must guess their identity and share what you found most interesting about the chosen mineral/water based on the post. Think about what you did or did not know about this mineral/water before reading the post or the resources.