Students may choose to answer questions individually in paragraph form, or write a longer essay that encompasses the answers to all the questions.
Answer the following questions in essay form. All answers must include clear examples that support your statements.
1. Describe the skyscraper and map models of culture. What are their strengths and limitations?
2. What is the role of data mining in the digital economy? What are the ethical concerns?
3. To what extent are video game addiction and violent and misogynistic representations problems for the gaming industry?
4. Do you think the internet as a technology helps or hurts musical artists? Why do so many musical performers differ in their opinions about the internet?
5. What is the significance of the Radio Act of 1927 and the Communications Act of 1934?
How do you think new technologies will further change television viewing habits?