LONG TERM CARE
Before beginning work on this assignment, please review the expanded grading rubric for specific instructions relating to content and formatting.
Long-Term Care Today
Demographics and epidemiological transitions result in dramatic changes in the health needs of individuals throughout the globe. In recent times, there has been increase in the prevalence of long-term disability in the population—causing increasing need for long-term care services. In addition, the present developing world is experiencing an increase in the demand for long-term care services at a cost much lower than industrialized countries.
Prepare a report in a Microsoft Word document comparing the US long-term care system with the long-term care system of a developing country. Research the South University Online Library and the Internet to find relevant content.
Include the following information in your report:
· What are the chronic illness trends of each country?
· What is the incidence and prevalence of elderly consumers of long-term care in the United States as compared to your chosen developing country?
· How does each country expect these numbers to change in the next ten years?
· What are the main characteristics of the elderly population in both the countries? Is there any difference in the long-term health care needs of consumers in both the countries? Provide a rationale for your answer.
· Who are the institutional and non-institutional caregivers in both the countries? Support your answer with relevant examples. Explain the factors that affect care giving in each country.
· Is there any difference in the status of quality of care of the elderly consumers in the United States as compared to the developing country?
· Is there any difference in the health care cost provided in the United States as compared to the developing country? Define any social support that may exist to cover health care in both countries.
. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.