Write 500–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Read attached problem scenario B to learn more about regulatory challenges. This scenario will provide you with key information to help formulate your answers for the assignments.
You have scheduled a meeting with the newly combined management team of UWEAR and PALEDENIM for next week. In anticipation of the meeting, Tom Tramlin, the chief executive officer (CEO), has sent you an e-mail requesting that you cover the following topics during your meeting with his team:
- UWEAR and PALEDENIM were relatively small companies when they started in business. The team has never dealt with any government regulations or compliance issues, but it may be doing so soon because of the merger.
- Additionally, PALEDENIM has always been a privately-owned company, and it will now be merged with UWEAR, which is publicly-owned. The management team of PALEDENIM needs to be briefed on any issues that are relevant to that transition as well.
- During the meeting next week, please be sure to cover any government regulations or compliance issues that you feel may be pertinent to the business or to the current business climate as a whole.
Discuss the following for this assignment:
- What do you need to do to prepare for this meeting?
- What do you currently know about the topic?
- What resources do you have that can help you prepare for this meeting?
- What information will you present to the management team at the meeting?
- How will you present the information to the UWEAR and PALEDENIM management team at the meeting?