In this Assignment, you will locate relevant existing research. You also will analyze this research using a tool helpful for analysis.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources this Module’s Learning Resources in support of locating and analyzing research.
- Use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic in your specialty field that interests you.
- Review the article you selected and reflect on the professional practice use of theories/concepts described by the article.
Using the “Module 4 | Part 4” section of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template presented in the Resources, conduct an analysis of the elements of the research article you identified. Be sure to include the following:
- Your topic of interest.
- A correctly formatted APA citation of the article you selected, along with link or search details.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts presented in the article.
- Analysis of the article using the “Research Analysis Matrix” section of the template
- Write a 1-paragraph justification stating whether you would recommend this article to inform professional practice.
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph summary that you will add to your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan that includes the following:
- Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research.
- Identify at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research.
- Identify at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research.
Complete the table below
|Topic of Interest:|
|Research Article: Include full citation in APA format, as well as link or search details (such as DOI)|
|Professional Practice Use:One or more professional practice uses of the theories/concepts presented in the article|
|Research Analysis MatrixAdd more rows if necessary||Strengths of the Research||Limitations of the Research||Relevancy to Topic of Interest||Notes|