FINAL RESEARCH PAPER: LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT TOPIC
The purpose of this assignment is to synthesize and apply the knowledge you gained in class into a well-written research paper. For this assignment, you will conduct research and write a paper containing the two elements:
Need paper completed by tomorrow evening.
Final Research Paper: Leadership and Management topic The purpose of this assignment is to synthesize and apply the knowledge you gained in class into a well-written research paper. For this assignment, you will conduct research and write a paper containing the two elements: Part I: Choose one of the listed topics
· Implementing change on a nursing unit (Student must incorporate an example and a change theory)
· Leadership traits for successfully managing in the clinical arena.
· Quality improvement in the nursing unit or system
· Mentorship in nursing
· Preceptor programs for nursing leaders
· Solving incivility in the work place, How can a nurse manager help? (conflict resolution)
· Legal Issues within the nursing unit
· Promotion of ethical behaviors within the nursing unit (student must create a plan and implementation strategy)
· Nursing Unit Strategic Planning
· Compare and contrast the following new roles for the changing health care arena:
. Nurse Navigators, Clinical Nurse Leaders, and Leaders in Patient-Centered Care
Part II: Evaluate how the topic applies to 2 of the following course competencies.
· Integrate concepts related to leadership into the professional nursing role.
· Analyze the philosophy, goals, and organizational structure of a healthcare system in relationship to the delivery of quality healthcare.
· Compare selected theories of leadership, management, and organizations in relation to healthcare agencies.
· Identify how collaborative leadership styles might be utilized in various community agencies to enhance the role of the nurse leader.
· Examine change theory, change management, conflict resolution, and strategies to promote innovation.
· Explain principles of continuous quality improvement (CQI) and the process of quality planning, improvement, and control.
· Discuss the management process and its impact on the delivery of optimal healthcare.
· Analyze how accountability, advocacy, and collaboration augment the management of care.
· Describe the meaning of teamwork in respect to the health care team
· Identify the essential components of a business plan
· Analyze various organization structure/management theories as they relate to nursing practice
In addition to the assignment specifics above, your paper should:
· Be 3-4 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
· Source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use in-text citations pointing to evidence in the literature that supports your ideas.
· Incorporate a minimum of two (2) peer-reviewed sources into your paper.
· Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources.
· Include a title page and a reference page listing the sources you used. Be sure to plan enough time for proofreading and editing.
Review the rubric for further information on how your assignment will be graded.
|Meets Expectations||Mostly Meets Expectations||Approaching Expectations||Does Not Meet Expectations|
|Content||Points Range:54 (36.00%) – 60 (40.00%)The writer clearly and effectively responds to all parts of the assignment. The writer identifies two course competencies appropriate to the topic chosen. The writer provides a thorough and comprehensive evaluation of how the nursing topic applies to two course competencies. It is clear that the writer has a comprehensive understanding of the topic and how it supports course competencies.||Points Range:45.6 (30.40%) – 53.4 (35.60%)The response to the assignment is generally adequate but may not be thorough. The writer responds to most parts of the assignment but may leave out key parts. The writer may identify only one course competency appropriate to the topic chosen. The writer provides a basic and general evaluation of how the nursing topic applies to the course competencies. It is clear that the writer has a basic understanding of the topic and how it supports course competencies.||Points Range:36 (24.00%) – 45 (30.00%)The writer provides an evaluation that indicates poor or limited understanding of the topic and how it supports course competencies.||Points Range:0 (0.00%) – 35.4 (23.60%)The writer does not respond to the assignment.|
|Focus and Detail||Points Range:40.5 (27.00%) – 45 (30.00%)The chosen topic is clear and the evaluation is supported by detailed examples, cited references, and accurate information for both course competencies.||Points Range:34.2 (22.80%) – 40.05 (26.70%)The chosen topic is somewhat clear and the evaluation is supported by general examples and few cited references. Some information may be inaccurate or too vague to evaluate.||Points Range:27 (18.00%) – 33.75 (22.50%)The topic and main ideas are somewhat unclear. The evaluation of the competencies may be incorrect.||Points Range:0 (0.00%) – 26.55 (17.70%)The topic and main ideas are not clear. There is no clear evaluation of the competencies.|
|Organization||Points Range:27 (18.00%) – 30 (20.00%)The introduction is inviting, states the main topic, and provides an overview of the paper. Information is relevant and presented in a logical order. The conclusion is strong.||Points Range:22.8 (15.20%) – 26.7 (17.80%)The introduction states the main topic and provides an overview of the paper. A conclusion is included.||Points Range:18 (12.00%) – 22.5 (15.00%)The introduction, structure, and/or conclusion is/are unclear.||Points Range:0 (0.00%) – 17.7 (11.80%)There is no introduction, structure, an/or conclusion.|
|Mechanics and APA||Points Range:13.5 (9.00%) – 15 (10.00%)The assignment consistently follows current APA format and is free from errors in formatting, citation, and references. No grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. All sources are cited and referenced correctly.||Points Range:11.4 (7.60%) – 13.35 (8.90%)The assignment consistently follows current APA format with only isolated and inconsistent mistakes and/or has a few grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. Most sources are cited and referenced correctly.||Points Range:9 (6.00%) – 11.25 (7.50%)The assignment does not alsways follow current APA format and/or has several grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. Several sources are cited and referenced incorrectly.||Points Range:0 (0.00%) – 8.85 (5.90%)The assignment does not follow current APA format, and has many grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. Sources are cited and referenced incorrectly, or citations and references are missing.|