Module 3 Discussion Topic 2
What Should the NP do? Evidence-based Practice
Review assigned readings in McLaughlin and McLaughlin (2019).
According to McLaughlin and McLaughlin (2019), the policy analysis process involves 6 activities (pages 7-8). In the discussion forum pretend that you are a nurse practitioner with a private practice. Explain how you might use these steps to analyze one of the following problems that you are facing in your practice:
- What should I do to help my community understand the risks of potential pandemics without arousing unnecessary concerns?
- Should I join a large group with ties to a dominant delivery network (hospital, health maintenance organization, or pharmacy chain)?
In the forum answer the following questions: What evidence would you use to support your decision? How could a nurse practitioner use the three categories for rating the strength of evidence on page 136 to make his/her decision? Since evidence-based medicine strives to ensure that patients and stakeholders are part of the decision-making process how can you take into account biases in evidence gathering? How could information technology be used to support dissemination of decision aids for patients and caregivers?
- All discussions are set in post first mode, which means you must create your primary post before being allowed to view your classmates’ work.
- Read the instructions carefully. You must complete all parts to receive full credit. Be sure to check both your grammar and spelling as points are lost for these elements.
- This discussion is worth 50 points. Refer to the grading rubric by clicking the Settings icon located in the top right corner of the page and select the Show Rubric button.
Must use book HEALTH POLICY ANALYSIS AN INTERDISCIPLINARY APPROACH THRID EDITION by Curtis mclaughlin and Craig mclaughlin