COURSE REFLECTION ETHICL AND LEGAL NURSING X 2
Remember is a Reflection about the class
1) Minimum 6 full pages
Minimum 3 pages per document- not words
Cover or reference page not included)
2)¨**********APA norms, please use headers
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraphs
Bulleted responses are not accepted
You can write in the first person.)
3) It will be verified by Turnitin and SafeAssign
4) Minimum 4 references not older than 5 years.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
You must submit 2 documents (each one 3 pages).
Copy and paste will not be admitted.
You should address the questions with different wording, different references, but always, objectively answering the questions.
1) Introduction (minimum 1/2 page):
Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
Introduces the purpose of the reflection and addresses BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) pertinent to healthcare policy and advocacy. (See file 1)
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the course.
– Identify the different legal and ethical aspects in the nursing practice (ACCN Essential V; QSEN: patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration).
– Analyze the legal impact of the different ethical decisions in the nursing practice (ACCN Essential V; QSEN: patient- centered care, teamwork and collaboration).
– Understand the essential of the nursing law and ethics (ACCN Essential V; QSEN: patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration).
2) Body (minimum 2 pages):
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Demonstrate the professional standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct.
2. Assume accountability for personal and professional behaviors.
3. Promote the image of nursing by modeling the values and articulating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the nursing profession.
4. Demonstrate professionalism, including attention to appearance, demeanor, respect for self and others, and attention to professional boundaries with patients and families as well as among caregivers.
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of the history of and contemporary issues in nursing and their impact on current nursing practice.
6. Reflect on one’s own beliefs and values as they relate to professional practice.
7. Identify personal, professional, and environmental risks that impact personal and professional choices, and behaviors.
8. Communicate to the healthcare team one’s personal bias on difficult healthcare decisions that impact one’s ability to provide care.
9. Recognize the impact of attitudes, values, and expectations on the care of the very young, frail older adults, and other vulnerable populations.
10. Protect patient privacy and confidentiality of patient records and other privileged communications.
11. Access interprofessional and intra-professional resources to resolve ethical and other practice dilemmas.
12. Act to prevent unsafe, illegal, or unethical care practices.
13. Articulate the value of pursuing practice excellence, lifelong learning, and professional engagement to foster professional growth and development.
14. Recognize the relationship between personal health, self-renewal, and the ability to deliver sustained quality care.” (p. 28).
3) Conclusion (minimum 1/2 page)
An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your essay. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) pertaining to scholarship for evidence-based practice