This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
– The students will identify the physiological process of aging.
– The students will be able to differentiate the adaptative human response to the aging process.
– The student will be able to manage and care older adults and their families.
COURSE REFLECTION REQUIREMENTS
1. The Course Reflection is worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall
organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading
2. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted
under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab.
3. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and
4. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
PREPARING YOUR REFLECTION
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR-4286 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1) Provide nursing care based on evidence that contributes to safe and high-quality patient outcomes within healthcare microsystems.
2) Create a safe care environment that results in high quality patient outcomes.
3) Revise the plan of care based on an ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes.