COMPREHENSIVE INTEGRATED PSYCHIATRIC ASSESSMENT
Comprehensive Integrated Psychiatric Assessment
The comprehensive integrated psychiatric assessment of a child or adolescent consists of gathering information from not only the child but from several sources, most notably the family members, caregivers, and the child’s teacher or school counselor. Because of this, the diagnostic assessment becomes more complicated. Issues of confidentiality, privacy, and consent must be addressed. Also, the PMHNP must take into consideration the impact of culture on the child.
In this Discussion, you review and critique the techniques and methods of a mental health professional as he or she completes a comprehensive integrated psychiatric assessment of an adolescent.
· Evaluate comprehensive integrated psychiatric assessment techniques
· Recommend assessment questions
To Prepare for the Discussion:
· Review the Learning Resources concerning the comprehensive integrated psychiatric assessment.
· Watch the Mental Status Examination video. (See attached video below).
· Watch the two YMH Boston videos. (See attached video below).
Based on the YMH Boston Vignette 4 video, post answers to the following questions:
· What did the practitioner do well?
· In what areas can the practitioner improve?
· At this point in the clinical interview, do you have any compelling concerns? If so, what are they?
· What would be your next question, and why?