COMMUNCIATIONS PROJECT 4 PARTS NURSING
4 parts to project please separate part 1,2,3 and 4 instructions attached below for each part
due on May 2
COM205: Week 4 Assignment Page 1
Course Project Part 1: Speech Outline
For your speech outline, you will begin compiling ideas for your speech and consider how you can use research to support you in developing your speech. Possible topics include an aspect related to your field of study, topics in the news, or any other topics of interest. Keep in mind that talking about what you know and are passionate about can make the speech easier to write, as well as present.
This is the first of a five-part project to compose and present a persuasive or informative speech. You will present the final speech to your instructor only, in Week 11, via YouTube video. Review the Course Project Details to review the timeline of deliverables and the descriptions of the different parts of the project.
Perform the following tasks:
· Create a 1-2 page (250-500 word) speech outline in Word to be submitted by the end of Week 4.
· Include the following in your outline:
· Main topic summary – Briefly describe the main topic you will be presenting in your speech (3-5 sentences).
· Background – Briefly describe why you chose your topic (3-5 sentences).
· Speech type – Define if your speech will be informative, persuasive, or entertaining.
· Supporting topics – Briefly discuss at least three supporting topics (i.e. subtopics) that will be discussed in your speech (3-5 sentences).
· Conclusion – Summarize the main points of your speech and the angle or position that you plan on taking (5-7 sentences).
· References – Brainstorm and briefly describe three ways references found via your research will help in writing and delivering your speech (3-5 sentences).
Hint: Review the Speech Grading Guidelines to get an idea of how your final speech will be graded.
|Gradable items in assignment||Points|
|Summarized main topic in brief but adequate detail.||30|
|Provided background explanation of topic.||30|
|Defined clearly speech type.||15|
|Articulated clearly supporting topics (i.e. subtopics).||15|
|Provided conclusion summarizing main points.||15|
|Described three ways references provided help.||15|
|Error-free grammar, spelling, punctuation.||10|
|Correct formatting – double-spacing, Times New-Roman, 12pt font.||10|