Case Study: You are working with an amateur bodybuilder who is 12 months out from a bodybuilding competition. Design a year-long periodized training program for the athlete with the objective of optimizing the client’s physique at the time of the competition. The training program should include the following:
- A list of assessments to be performed at the onset of the training program
- A warm up and cool down for each training day
- A detailed year-long periodized training program including specific exercises, sets, repetitions, suggested rest times, etc. The program should include a Foundational Training phase, a Hypertrophy phase, and a Cutting phase. Use charts to illustrate the training program.
- An explanation as to why you made your recommendations for each phase of training.
- Nutrition and supplement recommendations to support the bodybuilder during each phase of training.