Read the Case Study “Blue Nile and Diamond Retailing” in Supply Chain Management Strategy, Planning and Operations, Chopra and Meindl Chapter 4.
Prepare an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint® presentation that address the following:
- Definethe key success factors in diamond retailing for Blue Nile, Zale’s, andTiffany’s as it measured for key industry success factors.
- BlueNile carries more than 30,000 stones priced at $2,500 or higher while60% of the products sold from the Tiffany web site are prices around$200. Which of the two products categories is better suited to thestrengths of the online channel? Why? Support your answer with courseconcepts and examples.
- With their focus on selling high-endjewelry, Tiffany stores have thrived. In contrast, Zale’s 2006 upscalestrategy failed. What do you think caused this failure?
- Which of the three companies do you think is best structured to deal with weak economic times?
- What advice would you give to each of the three companies regarding their respective strategies and structures?
Include speaker notes on each slide.
Cite your references according to APA guidelines.