- Determine, from only an exchange rate perspective, which of the 4 countries would be the better choice and why.
- Use the data below to calculate and determine your answer.
- Include your calculations (Wrong answers will only receive partial credit.).
- Show the numerical calculations of why your chosen country is best.
- Make mention of the trends in these exchange rates (including your reference source) and show graphs or charts.
- Keep in mind that the current exchange rate is an important factor, but so is the trend in exchange rates, which could influence your recommendation. Because the payment will occur sometime in the future, the trend in the rate may cause a different sourcing location to be made.
- Use this Web site to learn about trends in exchange rates and to convert one currency to another.
Assume the following in your calculations:
- The current U.S. manufacturing cost is $10/unit.