Code of Ethics
- Discussion and Participation Scoring Guide.
- Journal of AHIMA.
- American Health Information Management Association Code of Ethics.
Your text introduced to you the principles of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) code of ethics established in 2004. For this discussion, select a principle and explain why is it important and how might it impact HIM professionals?
In addition to the textbooks, the resources in the Resources area will help you work on this discussion. In addition, you can find a lot of information on the Internet using one or a combination of the following search words American Health Information Management Association, code of ethics, and principles.
Once you are done, refer to the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to make sure you have met the requirements of this discussion.
Read the posts of your peers and respond to two posts. Try to select the post of a peer that focused on the same principle as you. Next try to select the post of a peer that focused on a different principle.
- For the peer who focused on the same principle:
- Was the outcome of your research similar to that of your peer? Explain.
- What did you find that your peer did not? What did your peer find that you did not?
- What questions or comments would you put forth if your peer’s post was the only information you had about that specific principle?
- For the peer who focused on a different principle:
- What did you find interesting in your peer’s post.
- What questions or comments do you have relating to the information your peer documented about the principle?